Caliber Health’s EDI Parser sets itself apart from the industry in a few ways. Our EDI parsing engine is built from the ground up with a focus on healthcare transactions. Avoid the typical pitfalls with open source and our competitor’s products. We’ve replaced many of these non-enterprise-grade solutions that fall short on performance, scalability, maintainability, and is not suitable for complex healthcare processing.
Speed and Power
We have many customers that have tried creating their own custom parser or use an open source parsing translator. Typically, those parsing engines are slow because they are created for non-healthcare transaction types and cannot suitably handle large and complex EDI 837 or 834 files. We’ve benchmarked our parsing engine to process over 1m claims in minutes on a single server with modest RAM and CPU. For companies that need to process millions of claim or enrollment records, most products choke and require significant servers and infrastructure horsepower.
Compliance and Validation
An EDI Parser for healthcare X12 transaction sets should be able to meet the SNIP 1 and 2 structural and syntactical validation. Our T-Connect EDI parser takes that one step further – not only do we support more elevated SNIP levels, but our parsing engine is smart enough to recognize and avoid cascading errors typically found in most parsing engines. Our parsing translator also returns human readable results with line numbers and additional context. It can also split invalid records and continue processing or reject the entire transaction set with the 999 ACK.
EDI Parsing Utilities
Wouldn’t it be nice if your parsing engine also supported great utilities such as splitting, extracting invalid records, sorting files, saving to a relational database, exporting claims as PDF CMS-1500 forms, and exporting data as JSON/XML/CSV? Our parser can handle those utilities out-of-the-box with a single command!
EDI Object Model
T-Connect is more than your typical POCO for EDI. It has smart methods for querying down the object as well as traversal methods. We also provide a Line of Business (LOB) object that abstracts X12 segments into a structure that can be programmed by NON-EDI PROGRAMMERS! So programmers can communicate with the EDI analysts and program against fields and methods without the X12 naming convention (SubscriberName for example). Then, we provide the mapping from LOB to/from X12 Objects so that you can take advantage of ensuring for compliance and completeness.
Applications and User Interfaces
We also provide applications like X12 Studio that put an application on the EDI parser. Easily edit, validate, and export as EDI in a hierarchical tree structure. Also, we provide SNIP 3 claim/remittance balancing, SDK as a service, and a full relational SQL Server database.
Reasons Why T-Connect EDI Parser is Preferred
- It abstracts X12 for non-EDI programmers using our LOB objects
- For EDI programmers, it comes with all the X12 compliance checks with amazing object traversal methods
- It’s a complete solution - It can run in a service, polls for files in a directory, parses, validates, exports, and sends data.
- It’s the most powerful EDI parsing engine on the market. We use the same enterprise grade parser used in our larger EDI Gateway solutions.
- Healthcare EDI parsing requires specificity not found in your typical supply chain. We built this EDI translator for Healthcare.
- Common Healthcare utilities are bundled with the product.
- Tools, Applications, and Databases plug into the framework with one command.
- Uses .NET and Visual Studio with programming templates and projects.
- Process large 837I, 837P, 837D, and 834 files in minutes!
- Easy to install, start processing your data in less than one hour.
Check out our products at https://www.caliberhealth.com/