X12 Studio is an EDI validation software helping healthcare organizations edit and validate EDI files. A 999 ACK is generated after validation. The tool provides a "smart" easy-to-read validation report that is instant as you edit the file. Navigate quickly to errors by clicking on the validation results.
Follow these steps to Generate 999 Acknowledgements
1. Download the Free EDI Validation Tool - X12 Studio Toolbox, and install the application.
2. Launch the software and open your 837I, 837P, 834, or any of the HIPAA X12 EDI file:
3. Click on the 'Generate 999' icon in the top menu:
4. The tool will show the location of the 999 ACK generated in the output window at the bottom. Click on the file name to view the 999 ACK in another X12 Studio Toolbox window.
Note: this Output file location can be configured within the ‘Configure’ menu:
999 ACK generated from the X12 837P file
In this scenario, the 837P was rejected as denoted in the AK9 ‘R’ (for rejected):
5. Next, let's correct the 837P file's PER03 to 'TE'. The editor will instantly validate the EDI file as valid.
6. Repeat steps 3-4 and Generate 999 ACK again to verify it was accepted.
Contact us to see a demo of Caliber Health's EDI products.